Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Sunrise Over the White River

Cursing circumstances, whatever they were, I was wide awake a little before 6:00 this morning.  A glance out the window to check the weather revealed a low flying fog over the river and surrounding marsh.  There was a potential for spectacular sunrise photos so I grabbed the camera and tripod and headed to the fishing bridge.  Arriving just in time to capture this golden glow about ten minutes before the sun crested the horizon, I quickly set up the camera and took the shot.  It required some Photoshop work to reveal the minimal detail in the brush and reeds at the left as well as a contrast adjustment to intensify the golden reflections against the blue sky.  Maybe it was worth a couple hours of lost sleep.  Even so, I am beginning a campaign to move sunrise to about 11:00 A.M.  Anybody with me?

2 comments:

  1. Some of the best pictures are seen as the sun comes up and there is so many birds about, beautiful picture, worth the loss of sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Jess....You can see the river from your RV!! I'm totally jealous! I must say I would be up most mornings if I was that close! LOL! Thanks so much for sharing...did I tell you I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete