Sunday, August 12, 2012

Dog Days of Summer


Already the dog days of summer are upon us.  In the mid-west Queen Anne's Lace is abundant in every untilled field, fence row and highway shoulder.  There is a tinge of yellow in the Poplars and the air smells of autumn.

As usual, I am not ready.  It seems summer has only just begun.  I didn't go trout fishing nearly often enough, as usual.  I didn't get as many photos as I had planned.  My plan for this blog was to update it with at least one new picture every day.  Too many things left undone.

Next summer...

2 comments:

  1. Great shot, did you use a fisheye setting or some other lens? I like the fullness to the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an 18-200 mm lens on a Sony Nex-7. The lens was set at its widest angle (18mm}, which is equivalent to about a 28mm on a full-frame 35mm camera.

    ReplyDelete