Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Still Looking Goofy After All These Years

The photo on the left was taken by my big brother, Dick, in the spring of 1955 (late April, early May).  I am holding a Northern Pike that he speared in the creek behind Grandpa and Grandma's house.
The photo on the right was taken a few days ago by my friend Wes.  I am holding a Chinook Salmon I caught while fishing from his boat in White Lake.
I have the same goofy smile, but the hat covers my serious loss of hair over the past 57 years.  About three years after I posed for the photo on the left, I began wearing glasses.  Note also, the similar appreciation in haberdashery between then and now.
I don't recall fishing again until I was in my early twenties when I took up fly-fishing and it became a consuming hobby.

2 comments:

  1. Just love this shot and all the others as well. thanks for sharing your awesome talents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Both of you ! LOL! I must admit the hat is where it's at! ;-) I want to know if you were up before dawn to get that Salmon! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete