Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Up on Pear Street

This was an idea that took more effort than it was worth, I think.  My thought was to show a contrast between the homes on Pear Street, where I live in the winter, to the multi-million dollar, beachfront condos on South Padre Island.

The motor homes in the park, along with the park models and mobile homes are now mostly closed for the summer.  Meanwhile, down on the beach, the condos seem to be closed most of the year.  Oh, to have so much money that I could own an expensive home to be used only a couple weeks a year.  I think I would find other ways to spend it.   Probably whiskey and wild women.  Well, at least I would know what to do with the whiskey.

I'm still not altogether sure about the illustration idea.  Perhaps I should have just eaten the pear - yeah, it was very tasty.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't quite get the connection when I first looked at the picture, after reading your thoughts on your work, I think I can see where you were going with this work. Very well done, I have a lot to learn about photo programs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting Jess. These do take a lot of time don't they! But it is usually worth it in the end. Sure wish I had their money...just for a while...to see what I could do with it too! LOL. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete